How does Depression Really Feel and Why Can't people just get over it?
02 Jun 2016
There is a lot of misconception around why doesn't a depressed person just snap out of it or just get over it. But like any other illness, Depression is one that the person has no control on.
This is how a depressed person feels...
1. Please leave me alone: Depression hampers a person's ability to enjoy once pleasurable social interactions. Its not like they don't want too. They do try but they can't!
2. I am no good: No matter how good things may appear to others or how much you wish them to see the bright side, when depressed, its hard to feel good about self. The feeling is overpowering and no the person cant shake the feeling by herself. If someone tells you, shake your fever down, will you be able to...
3. I feel fatigued and weak: A chronic fatigue engulfs a person in depression. Muscle weakness and general fatigue all day with unexplained body aches are often present in Depression.
4. I feel being in bed all day: A person loses the energy and the motivation to get up and go on with normal routines. Please don't label them as lazy because they are not.. Depression affects the brain areas known for controlling motivation and executive functions.
5. Crying Spells: Things small or huge can make a person facing depression crying like a baby. The uncontrolled crying is not to gain anyone's sympathy or attention. It is something that the person has no control on. Crying makes them miserable too..
Depression doesn't pick and choose and like all other health issues, it requires treatment and therapy. When you strain your back in a football match, you don't shy away from calling your physiotherapist, then if life's hard match has made you depressed, don't shy away from seeking help from a therapist!
We can help Here at ePsyClinic.com
Just Click the Pink Chat Button on left and Type "Depression" to isntantly connect with a psychologist to start the sessions or know more about the process of online marital therapy and the charge
Just Call +919069145293 now and press 1 for Instant Phone consultation with an ePsyClinic therapist/doctor!
Tags: #depression #sad