7 social and lifestyle factors that make Indian women most prone to Depression
30 May 2016
Did you know that women in all age groups have more risk to get depression as an illness than men?
And did you know especially in the ages between 18-39, women are thrice more likely to have depression than men in the same age group.
More lives are destroyed for women than men in this age group increasing the risk for other severe mental and physical health complications.
And why is that? Is it body changes or social changes?
Well, this rapid increase in depression is because of the social changes that women face in this age group
1. Lack of Social Circle &Interaction: Post Marriage, women who are not working are especially more prone to social isolation. The prolonged social isolation can cause depressive symptoms and even depression in women
2. Emotional Abuse : Women who face emotional or verbal abuse are 100% more at risk of falling in depression than women who are cared for and respected at their homes
3. Familial Isolation: Distance from parents and loved ones in women can become a cause of depression and low mood.
4. Lack of brain stimulating activities: Women who dont work outside or have given up on their hobbies are more prone to depression than women who work and/or those who pursue creative hobbies.
5. Monotonous routines: Women with same routine of cleaning, cooking, household chores each day with no pleasurable activity or "Me time" can also suffer from chronic low mood and depressive symptoms
6. Lack of Appreciation and love: Women who are not praised or appreciated for their selfless contribution can also overtime develop depressive symptoms or even depression.
7. Lack of Independence to express self : Women who cant dress, talk, smile or even eat what they wish to definitely suffer from depressive symptoms and overtime fall prey to depression..
If you are facing depressive symptoms, try and change things in your lifestyle.. Be more active and social.. Take time for yourself and don't be a slave of someone else's opinion about you! Only your opinion should matter to you!.
And along with that, seek recovery because you cannot push your mind to do all of these things each day without working on the mind so that it does all that happily!
We at ePsyClinic.com, India's largest Online Mega Clinic for Emotional and Mental health wellness, will help you get rid of Depression
Just Click the GREEN chat button and Type "Depression Assessment" to connect instantly with a psychologist or to know more about process and charges of Online Depression Management
Or Straight OFF DOWNLOAD IWILL THERAPY APP FOR BEST RECOVERY PROGRAM
IWilltherapy starts with an analysis and assessment of your present concerns and gives you a free diagnosis.
After the diagnosis, it pairs you with the best expert for you as well as creates automatically the right road mapof therapy services for you given your assessment resulsts
You can start your IWill therapy sessions online and the psychologist you get paired with is from the best pool ofEPSYCLINICIANS (Pioneer in online therapy)
Also if you don't seek active therapy, on the feed section of the app,you get daily videos, tips, insights and articles to help you ,if you are not ready for therapy yet!
So don't wait. Download IWill and start today: